HCl electrolysis enables chlorine recovery from hydrogen chloride or hydrochloric acid and has several advantages such as the increased sustainability of operations for companies. HCl electrolysis is deployed where hydrogen chloride or hydrochloric acid recycling is desired. Hydrogen chloride is a byproduct of numerous processes in chemical industry, which use chlorine due to its high reactivity for selective formation of desired products. In many cases, chlorine is subsequently removed and the final products are chlorine-free. Simply recycling the HCl through electrolysis obviates the need for on-site chlorine production even the transport of chlorine.
HCl electrolysis market looks promising during the forecast period due to the major driving factors such as making business free of volatile chlorine and HCl prices, reduced need to develop new chlor alkali plants, reduces risk in HCl transportation and reduced cost for HCl neutralization and disposal. The global HCl electrolysis market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.11%, during the forecast period.
The key players of HCl electrolysis market include Thyssenkrupp AG (Germany), E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.), Covestro AG (Germany), Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (Japan), Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd. (Japan) and Bluestar (Beijing) Chemical Machinery Co., Ltd. (China).
Objective of global HCl electrolysis market Analysis & Forecast, from 2016 to 2023
• To provide insights about factors influencing and affecting the market growth.
• To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments as well as sub-segments with respect to regional markets and their key countries
• To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments based on technology and application.
• To provide strategic profiling of key players in the market, comprehensively analyzing their market share, core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market
• Raw materials suppliers
• Aftermarket suppliers
• Research institute & education institute
• Potential investors
• Key executive (CEO and COO) and strategy growth manager
• On the basis of technology, the market is segmented as ODC Electrolysis, DuPont gas phase electrolysis, Diaphragm Electrolysis, Sumitomo Process and Others. ODC Electrolysis is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 7.34 % during the forecast period.
• On the basis of application, the market is segmented as PVC Prodution & Chlorination, Polyurethane Industry, Metal Pickling, Fertilizers, oil & Gas and others. PVC Prodution & Chlorination is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 5.49 % during the forecast period.
• Asia Pacific dominates the global HCl electrolysis market with 54.60% of share in 2016, in terms of value. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.49 % during the forecast period. North America is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5 % during the forecast period and reach a market size of USD 360.8 million by 2023.
The regional analysis also includes –
• North America
• Rest of the World